- What does it mean to live as a Christian in the Marketplace?
- How does our faith in Christ impact our relationships with our co–workers and our attitudes towards work?
Have you wondered...
What does it mean to live as a Christian in the Marketplace? How does our faith in Christ impact our relationships with our co–workers and our attitudes towards work?
As Christians working in the marketplace, we’re surrounded by competing ideas that often conflict with our Christian values and beliefs. We live and work in environments where loving God with all our hearts, soul, and mind is often a foreign concept. In this context, where do we find truth?
- When the world tells us that it is our own skills and abilities that are behind our success …
- Who will remind us that it is God who has given us these talents?
- When the world tells us to love ourselves and to look out for ‘number one’…
- Who will call us back to make God our first priority?
- When the world tells us to use other people to get ahead…
- Who will remind us that these people were also created in God’s image and that Jesus died for them?
- When we can’t control our situation in life or work…
- Who will walk beside us and remind us of God’s unconditional love and that He is in control?
- When the world defines us by what we do and what we have…
- Who will remind us of who we really are?
What we do...
We gather together over coffee, lunch or after work to read the Bible and to discuss what it means to integrate your faith into your daily work life.
It is our prayer that those who attend our Bible studies are:
Encouraged in their walk of faith;
Reminded that God has blessed them with gifts, talents, wisdom, knowledge and understanding to do their work with excellence;
Strengthened so that they are able to keep God as their first priority in the work place;
Are refreshed and find hope;
Find courage to live as light among their co-workers and customers;
Reassured of God’s care and love; and
Able to grasp the width, length, height, and depth of God’s love.
For the eyes of the LORD range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him (2 Chr 16:9)
Equipping leaders to facilitate conversations about living with Christ in the workplace.
These Bible studies have helped me grow spiritually and have been a great tool to help facilitate discussion at our small group. They relate well to everyday life and are applicable for any Christian or individual who wants to learn more about the Christian faith.
These studies are excellent in helping me understand how to practice the sacred within the secular context.
Many Christians struggle with understanding how to bring their relationship with Jesus into an everyday (and in particular workday) context. These studies are a great bridge towards understanding how to do exactly that.
The application of biblical truth to everyday workday situations has provided support, encouragement, and proof that God is truly present with us while we partake in our work and in our everyday tasks.
Discovering God at Work
Gather together over coffee, lunch or after work to read the Bible and to discuss what it means to integrate your faith into your daily work life.
Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men Colossians 3:23
“Some are indeed called to be missionaries, evangelists or pastors, and others to the great professions of law, education, medicine and the social sciences. But others are called to commerce, to industry and farming, to accountancy and banking . . . In all these spheres, and many others besides, it is possible for Christians to interpret their life work Christianly, and to see it neither as a necessary evil (necessary, that is, for survival), nor even as a useful place in which to evangelize . . . but as their Christian vocation, as the way Christ has called them to spend their lives in his service.”
– John Stott, Christian Mission in the Modern World